All Good Places Meet Here, by Jerome Covington. Available on Amazon.com, Google Play, iTunes, and elsewhere.
The Kathmandu Valley
1. Imagination, Reincarnation
2. Sunrise Over Pokhara
3. Mountain Interlude
4. We Were, We Are
Bonus Track: The Harlem Meer
* All composed and performed by Jerome Covington
* Engineered and produced by Brian Boyle.
* Recorded at The Nut House, in Brooklyn, NY.
* Visual design by Adwen Creative
* Dedicated to William Wallace Covington. Happy Birthday, Dad.
* Thanks to Dan Eberle for the inspiration for the bass line for “Denton, TX – 3. Love”.
* Thanks to Paul and Rachel Nadjarian for the use of their piano in Winter of 2013.
* “Mountain Interlude” first appeared as the intro to “South Mountain Mentality” on Living the Life by The Great Escape.
* “We Were, We Are” was first performed by The Great Escape on Living the Life as “Who We Were”.
All Good Places Meet Here is my tribute to several locales across planet Earth that have made my life better.
Flagstaff, AZ is my birth town and is a place that I carry around inside. From its pristine forests to it’s flowing mountain streams to its inspiring Native peoples and the friends that I made there that I will forever be bound to, my life wouldn’t have been the same without this special place.
The university in Denton, TX was my paternal Grandmother’s as well as my Mother’s and Father’s alma mater and was the place I learned the most about the Jazz Language from such inspiring teachers as Fred Hamilton, Dan Haerle, Ed Soph and Terry Hankins. It was also, for me, the site of some life changing spiritual and “metaphysical” revelations that forever altered my perceptions of the world, for the better.
The Kathmandu Valley is an area that I have had the honor of visiting several times in my life due to the influence of one very special person in my life. I feel blessed to have been made so welcome there on several occasions. The people, city and countryside truly are a precious gift to this world and I hope to spend many more beautiful moments there.
I hope this music conveys the amazement and good fortune I feel at having been touched by these special places, and gives you the opportunity to reflect on the places in your life that have enriched your journey on Earth.